Friday, October 28, 2016

Carman Grad off to Kenya

Stephanie Doerksen
In 2011, I attended WE Day with Carman Collegiate. I will never forget that day because that day changed my life forever. The atmosphere and environment at WE Day is indescribable. It’s so inspiring. WE Day inspired me and gave me the opportunity to start making a difference in the world. I have participated in many of their local fundraising programs that support local and global communities. I loved being at WE Day so much, that I knew I had to come back. So I started volunteering there. This year will be my fourth year volunteering at WE Day, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. But this WE Day will be extra special, because I have been asked to speak on stage! The organization emailed me and told me that they have recognized my dedication and passion for their organization, and they would like to speak on stage. So on November 18th, I will be speaking at WE Day Manitoba about my volunteering experience and I why I’m passionate about their organization.
I will also be talking about the ME to WE volunteer trip that I’m going on next year. I will be going to Kenya, Africa in May 2017, and I will be there for approximately 20 days helping with development projects that break the barriers to education. I have always wanted to go on a volunteer trip to Kenya, and now I can while supporting a charity that I am very passionate about!
I’m very excited for both of these events, and I appreciate any support! If you would like to support me, I do have a variety of fundraisers planned for the coming months. I currently am selling Rafiki Bracelets which are beaded bracelets, and they are hand-made by African Mamas. By purchasing one these bracelets, you support the African Mamas, and my trip. I am also offering my photography services where all the proceeds are going towards my trip costs as well. If you are interested in my photography services, please check out my website: www.stephaniejolenephotography.com or my Facebook page Stephanie Jolene Photography. Donations are also graciously accepted. If you are interested in supporting me, or have any questions for me, please feel free to contact me at sdoerksen03@hotmail.com. Thanks!
A select number of Carman Collegiate students will have the opportunity to attend WE Day this year and hear Stephanie as well as many others.